I know one of the first questions I asked about Essential Oils before I bought them was “What am I supposed to do with these? Drink them? Snort them? Bath in them?”. I had no clue what to do with them. So, I figured I would help some people out by describing all of the ways you can use and apply EOs.
- You can use 1-6 drops of oil directly on the area of concern. Remember, more is not always better; large amounts of oil can trigger detoxification of the surrounding tissues and cause some discomfort. To achieve the desired results, 1-3 drops is typically enough.
- The feet are the second fastest area of the body to absorb oils because of the large pores. Other quick absorbing areas include the wrists and behind the ears. 3-6 drops per foot is adequate.
- Dilute the oils 15%-30% with a carrier oil before massaging a large area of the body. (What are carrier oils?? Fractionated Cocunut Oil (Organic) is my favorite!!)
- When applying to infants and children, dilute with a carrier oil. Use 1-3 drops of essential oil to 1 tablespoon carrier oil for infants, and 1-3 drops of EO to 1 teaspoon of CO for children (2-5 years old). ( I will be posting tons of information on how to use and not use EOs with children soon.)
- Do not mix oil blends. The chemical properties of the oils ca be altered if mixed improperly which could cause a reaction. Instead, layer the oils by applying one oil, rubbing it in, then applying another oil. There is no need to wait more than a few seconds between layering because the oils are absorbed rapidly. You may apply the carrier oil on top if so desired.
- You can apply a hot moist compress of the application area. The moist heat forces the oils deeper into the tissue.
- A diffuser dispenses the EOs into a micro-mist that can stay suspended in the air for hours to help reduce bacteria, fungus, mold, or freshen the air naturally. You may mix single oils but not blends. Diffusing EO into the air can also help with altering moods. 🙂
- Not only can wearing the oils provide emotional and physical support, but they smell wonderful too!! You can wear them on a pendant necklace as a perfume too and enjoy the oils throughout the day.
- The FDA has approved some essential oils for internal use and were given the name GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe). Oils that do not have this label should not be used internally.
- You can use EOs in cooking, but remember that they are concentrated; only one drop (or less) is usually needed. You can control the amount of oil by using a toothpick.
- Add 3-6 drops of your essential oil of choice to the bath water as it is filling up. (I recommend Lavender!!) Adding the oils into a bath or shower gel, or bath salts first will allow the oil to disperse more evenly.
Vita Flex Therapy
- 1-3 drops of oil my be added to Vita Flex points (contact points) on the foot.
- This is a method of applying oils to the rim of the ears. This technique works well for an emotional clearing.
- The application of dropping certain oils about 6 inches above the body (like rain drops) along the length of the entire spine. This technique can help bring the body back to balance, align energy centers of the body, and release them if they are blocked. The oils used by this method will continue to work in the body about 5-7 days after treatment with continued realignment.
You can order the amazing premium starter kit from this site below!! You will be amazed at how well EOs work and will wish you have tried them sooner!!