Hello Everyone!! This post is probably one of the most important ones you can read when getting started with Young Living Essential Oils!! In this post I will do a short introduction to each of the Everyday Use Oils included in the Premium Starter Kit. This of course is just the tip of the iceberg… Whenever you start looking into all of the amazing things each oil can do, and then try them, you will be speechless.
I am going to start with the most popular oil.. Lavender.
When in question about which oil to use, always go with Lavender. This oil is good for so many things:
- seasonal allergies
- insect bites/stings
- sleep/calming and colic behavior
- ear issues
- diaper cream
- emotional issues
The next oil I will introduce you to is Purification. This is a blend oil.
Purification has many wonderful uses:
- purify air after fighting sickness
- reducing nighmares
- reducing ear discomfort and inflammation
- bug bites/stings
- insect repellant
- getting rid of odors
Peppermint – Some don’t recommend using with children under 5. Others use it all of the time. This would be a personal decision after doing your own research.
- Minor Aches/Discomforts
- Insect Repellant
Thieves – This is a blend oil. This is another one that is on the fence for children under 5. Do you’re own research and decide. Many people use it. The book “Gentle Baby” recommends using on children when properly diluted.
- Fights sickness/Reduces Germs
- Sore throat
- Boost immune system
- Great cleaner
- Smells delightful in diffuser
Frankincense has been linked to many studies with cancer improving capabilities!! It is good for so many amazing things. I personally know people who have used Frankincense on their children to rid them of cysts.
- Boosts immune system
- Great for skin
- Supports skin during/after pregnancy
- Combats Blues/Emotions
Lemon – Lemon is considered a HOT oil and should always be used with a carrier oil.
- Immune system/Circulation
- High in antioxidants
- Promotes lymphatic draining
- Boosts moods
- Sore throat
- Gets rid of stains, grease, gum, stickers, crayon
- Helps detox the bodyj
- Decrease Fever (when applied along the spine)
- Allergies (when paired with lavender)
Melaleuca Alternifolia – Also called Tea Tree Oil
- Promotes cleansing/purity
- Promotes healthy lung function
- Supports healthy skin/teeth/gums
- Anti-Fungal Properties
- Deter and combat lice
- Helps with acne along with Lavender and Frankincense
Stress Away – This is a blend oil.
- Promotes feeling of peace and tranquility
- Induces relaxation
- Reduces occasional nervous tension
- Great for school-age children
- Good for kids who are having trouble coping with life changes
- Vanilla-type smell that can be calming for many
PanAway – This is a blend oil. This is another one you need to research before applying to children.
- Beneficial for tissue/circulation
- Reduces various types of discomfort
- Stimulates/revitalizes immune function
- Growing pains in children
- Deep joint pain
Joy – A blended oil. Also referred to as “Mommy’s Little Helper”. 🙂
- Uplifts spirits/Boosts mood
- Blood Circulation
- Menstrual Cramps
- Feeling of agitation
- Baby Blues/Mood Swings
- Decrease anxiety-like behaviors
So, this was a short overview of just a few of the uses of each oil that comes in the Young Living Premium Starter Kit. There are many more uses for each. The uses even become more in size when you start blending the oils. These Everyday Use oils are the best to get started with. Then you can branch out among the many more oils that Young Living provides.
I hope this gave you a nice overview of what each oil is and what each oil does. 🙂